Sunday, April 08, 2007

Firstlings of the Undesirables



If I had money to open an art gallery, this is what I would call it. My friends have all talked about it but no one has yet stepped forward, financially speaking. This town is in desperate need of something completely different. Perhaps, I'll just print a thousand of these and post them all over town. Perhaps, I'll rent a space downtown, empty as it all is, and put up a sign that just says Firstlings Circus just to see what happens. A bonfire you say...? Probably so...and yet, it begs to be done. Somebody dare me quick before I wake up.

4 Comments:

Blogger Blancodeviosa said...

i would help u if i could. you always amze me with that thing you do :)

6:05 PM  
Blogger Knitty Yas said...

finding financial backers can be so painful.

sometimes though.. brokeness means nothing. rent the place, hang your art, have a First fridays once a month and watch everything change.

good luck.

12:05 PM  
Blogger sylence said...

i've got a check for $20 with your name on it! i'm sure the dachsund wouldn't mind throwing in a few more Washingtons...possibly even Lincolns depending on how rested she feels. :)

9:58 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

As much as I hate to say it, I cannot deny that your artwork suggests some sort of talent. Nor do I detect the sort of craftmanship that begs one to say, "Why yes, I could imitate this mainstream filth. Given poster board and a spray can containing some type of carcinogen, I too could give birth to such a masterpiece." Congratulations.

1:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home