Thursday, September 21, 2006

Memory

A half-grown chow hit by a car, mawled her owner's neck when she tried to pick it up.

An older woman fell backwards going up an escalator, cracked her head open and bled a small puddle which then cascaded down two steps.

A deer hit dead on by an 18 wheeler going atleast 80mph; it seemed to explode in front of me.

The darkest and most ominous rainstorm I've ever seen was on a highway in Alabama; so violent and dense, it turned the mid day into night.

The same escalator mentioned above, tore the skin off a little boy's hand because he was playing "lets see what the rubber rail can suck up next".

Fishing in a mud puddle with my brother when we were kids.

Clouds inside a valley beneath a clear blue sky.

My father whipping me until I wet my pants.

Snow in sunshine.

10 Comments:

Blogger Knitty Yas said...

sometimes i think the mind tries to shelter us from the world. i see so many people living in bullshit dream worlds, that i wonder what their memories are hiding from them.

I don't get that luxury. I see it as it is to be seen. most of the time, painful and sad.

ps... when i was 5 i saw my grandmother fall down an escelator and crack her head open in May Co. (before it was macy's). just thought it was odd that your memory triggered my memory.

11:10 PM  
Blogger 4 Non Blogs said...

Man...you should carry a camera everywhere.

5:47 AM  
Blogger sylence said...

crazy...i just posted something similar on my blog. you should check it out. weird.

2:20 PM  
Blogger Robbb said...

yas, i am the king of skeptism...i don't even trust my memories because they are tainted with emotion and societal(is that a word?) and cultural bias and so, cannot be objective reference unless i do what skincarver suggests, attach a camera to my eye.

sylence, it seems we are connected somehow...hmmm.

11:34 PM  
Blogger Knitty Yas said...

maybe you attached a camera to sylence's eye. :p

my brain doesnt like the status quo. it doesnt hide stuff from me. maybe thats why i hate other people so much.

11:45 AM  
Blogger MacGuffin said...

as Mickey would say to Mallory in Natural Born Killers "that is pure poetry". seriously, very evocative..

12:25 AM  
Blogger Robbb said...

davey, thanks...i try. most of the time, i edit myself so much, i end up just deleting what i wrote. this one took.

9:29 PM  
Blogger Blancodeviosa said...

wow... deep man. shit is deep

6:04 PM  
Blogger sylence said...

i don't think i told you, rob, that the same day i saw all that stuff on the highway, i got a call from my sister in the afternoon saying my dad had had an accident with the circular saw. 1/2 inch deep, 7-8 inches wide, 13 stitches. i should have known it was gonna be that kind of day...

8:47 AM  
Blogger Knitty Yas said...

for a second there Robbb I thought you died. I was all in mourning here at work... staring at a blank white page devoid of your robbbisms.

don't scare me like that hehehe

12:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home